The holiday season is about giving and sharing. However, it can also be a rather stressful time, with a myriad of activities crowding your day. So, whether it’s hosting house parties, attending to your children’s activities, or decorating the house, you’ll most probably find that you really can’t keep up without being stressed.
There are certain ways you can reduce holiday stress and manage to take care of yourself. Chiropractic care is one of those ways. In this article, we’ll discuss strategies to reduce stress during the holiday season.
- Plan and set your priorities: During this time of the year, plan and decide which activities need the most attention. Prepare a list of tasks that you need to attend to and don’t get distracted and disorganized.
- Look after yourself: You should schedule some time for yourself and take mini-breaks between activities. If the holiday season is emotionally stressful for you, ask for the help you need. Consider doing something relaxing and enjoyable.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise has been known to reduce the incidence and severity of stress. Exercise produces endorphins, which are chemicals in the brain that act as natural painkillers. Endorphins also improve the ability to sleep, which in turn, reduces stress.
- Take care of your nutritional needs: This is especially important during the holiday season, with lots of food and drink being served throughout the holidays. You can indulge yourself but in moderation. Overeating or bingeing due to stress or at too many events will make you feel worse. On average, many people gain about 8 pounds over the holidays and it often takes 4 – 5 months to lose it! You should develop a healthy eating plan and also make sure you get adequate levels of Vitamin C, B Vitamins and Omega 3 Fatty Acids to help your body’s response to stress.
- Relax at regular intervals: While you probably have a million things to do during the holidays, it is equally important to relax at regular intervals. Take a bath, listen to music, dance, or take a long walk. Do something just for fun whether it’s yoga or meditation.
- Address the physical causes of stress: The physical causes of stress include everything from back pain to pinched nerves, and from stiff joints to migraines. Regular chiropractic care during the holiday season can make chiropractic adjustments that will help alleviate these symptoms. Your chiropractor can help you find the safest and most effective way to decrease your stress levels and relax your nerves and muscles.
These are just a few tips on how to deal with stress during the holiday season. If you suffer from stress, remember, you’re not alone! You can always talk to a friend or you can visit your chiropractor for regular sessions during the holidays for some extra help!
At Nelson Chiropractic, we perform different chiropractic adjustments to strengthen your spine, joints, and nervous system. We also offer massage therapy for benefits that include relaxation of muscles, reduction of swelling, increase in blood circulation, an improvement in range of motion, and relief for muscle spasms and pain.
So, with the holiday season upon us, schedule a visit at Nelson Chiropractic for holistic, healing care during the holidays. Happy Holidays!
For more information on how to treat stress during the holidays and to improve your overall health and well-being, contact Nelson Chiropractic at 425-867-1119, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to our website https://www.nelsonchiro.com.