Almost 90% of all top-tier athletes use chiropractic care to prevent injuries and elevate their performance levels. What’s more, every National Football League team has a chiropractor on call. So, with chiropractors and chiropractic care so popular among leading athletes, what are the different ways in which chiropractic care can help augment sporting performance? In this article, we are going to discuss how chiropractic care can help improve sports performance.
- Prevention of injury: With regular chiropractic care, you don’t just treat sports injuries, you can also prevent them. Sports chiropractors help treat the body to ensure that it works at peak efficiency. Proper alignment of your spine and other joints results in increased blood flow, greater mobility and reduced or no pain from impinged nerves. If you visit a chiropractor regularly, especially when you are not suffering from a major injury, it results in a musculoskeletal system that works optimally, thereby allowing you to perform better and make that extra effort.
- Faster healing and recovery: Chiropractic care soothes the body and allows it to recover from the stress of different sports at a much faster pace. It also aids with the range of motion of the spine and improves the function of the nervous system. Ultimately, it allows you as an athlete, to perform your best.
- Alternative to painkillers and other medications: If you’re an athlete, you’re probably no stranger to using painkillers after a sports injury. However, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs can mask the extent of your injury and can further increase the severity. A body that is used to chiropractic care can cope with pain and injury much better, resulting in a quicker recovery.
- Optimization of the nervous system: One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is how it affects the nervous system of an athlete. With regular chiropractic adjustments, an athlete’s spine and musculoskeletal structure are in optimal alignment, thereby resulting in superior nervous system function and performance. As a result, an athlete can experience faster healing, recovery, and reaction time.
- Correct form and posture: For athletes, proper form and posture can help achieve optimal sports performance and reduces the chances of a sports injury. Chiropractic adjustment can help ensure that your joints are in perfect alignment and working correctly to help optimize both physical activity and safety.
- Treatment of a variety of sports injuries: Chiropractic adjustments can help treat a variety of sports injuries and conditions, including back and neck injuries; shoulder pain, knee and ankle injuries, as well as head pain. Spinal adjustments due to chiropractic care reduce the irritation of the nerve roots between the spinal vertebrae, resulting in less healing time from injuries and resulting in better sports performance.
These are some of the ways that chiropractic care can assist with, and result in peak sports performance. Apart from regular chiropractic care, athletes also benefit from other accompanying chiropractic treatments, such as massage therapy, cryotherapy, infrared heat treatment, and other natural healing treatments.
At Nelson Chiropractic, we are experts in preventing and treating all kinds of sports injuries. We are also specialists in using the gentle, high-speed Activator instrument, used to restore normal function to almost any spinal segment.
So, the next time you think you need help with your sporting performance or a nagging sports injury, visit Nelson Chiropractic for the best chiropractic care and treatment.
For more information on achieving optimal sports performance, and for preventing and treating sports injuries as well as to improve your overall health and well-being, contact Nelson Chiropractic at 425-867-1119, or email us at email@example.com, or visit our website www.nelsonchiro.com.